If you are currently attending a language school, a college or a university in the United States as an F-1 international student, you must follow specific transfer procedures in order to continue your F-1 studies at Foothill College. You must do
Procedures for transferring to Foothill College
- you are changing schools (but not completing a program, graduating or getting a degree at your current school), or
- you are completing a program at your current school, or
- you are graduating, receiving a degree or a certificate from your current school, or
- you are changing schools after completing OPT.
- Complete an International Student Application and submit all the required documents.
- When you are accepted, you will receive an Acceptance Letter.
- You must notify your current school that you want to transfer to Foothill College. Foothill cannot make the request on your behalf. Most schools will request that you submit Foothill's Acceptance Letter. We do not require your current school to complete any type of a transfer form, but are happy to provide one upon request.
- Your current school will enter a "release date" into the SEVIS system. The release date is the official last day of your programusually the last day of the quarter or semester that you are currently enrolled in. Your current school will enter Foothill College into SEVIS as the school to which you will transfer. When this information is submitted to SEVIS, both the Department of Homeland Security and Foothill College are notified electronically that you are a pending transfer to Foothill with a specific release date.
- After the release date, your SEVIS record will be officially transferred to Foothill College.
- If you are not traveling outside the U.S. before beginning classes at Foothill, you will receive a Foothill I-20 two weeks after the quarter begins. You do not need an I-20 before that time.
If you are planning to travel outside the U.S. before classes begin, contact us at email@example.com to discuss your situation.