You are registered for [insert course prefix and number] which is delivered via the internet.
New to Online Learning
If this is the first online course you have ever taken, then I strongly urge you to do at least one of the following:
- Attend one of the on-campus "Orientation to Etudes" sessions held during the first week of each quarter. See http://www.foothill.edu/fga/etudes_oncampus_orientation.php
- Watch the video version of "Orientation to Etudes" at http://www.foothill.edu/fga/etudes_orientation.php
- Complete the Self-Assessment Questionnaire and visit the Online Learning Tour webpages at http://www.foothill.edu/fga/getstarted.php#new
To access or log in to your course, follow these steps:
- Find out your Etudes User ID and Password by following the instructions
- Go to the log in gateway portal for Etudes (https://myetudes.org)
- Bookmark this webpage.
- You do NOT need to login to MyPortal in order to access your course site in Etudes.
- Be sure to check System Requirements (left side of screen) prior to getting started with Etudes.
- Type in your Etudes User ID and Password
If you have problems accessing or logging into the course, go to the Student Help Desk (https://foothillcollege.freshdesk.com) or call the Online Learning office at (650) 949-7446.
Once you have logged into Etudes:
- Click on the Help link (just below where you logged in) to view tutorials about how to use Etudes.
- Click on the tab titled [insert course prefix and number] near the top of your screen.
Avoid Getting Dropped
To avoid being dropped for non-attendance, you need to [insert your instructions].
Enjoy your quarter,
[insert Instructor’s Name and email address]