Instructions to Request Add Code and Register
Request an Add Code
Students may request and faculty may issue Add Codes for fully online courses via MyPortal.
How it Works for Students
- Login to MyPortal
- Click on Registration tab
- Look for the Add Request area at the middle of your My Portal screen
- Click the Browse Courses button
- Choose a term
- Select the course(s) you want to add using the checkboxes on the left
- Click on Request to Add Selected Courses to submit your request for an Add Code.
- You will see a confirmation of your request: "Request Sent! Thank you!"
- The instructor of each course you selected will be notified of your request.
Click Browse Courses to request Add Code
NOTE: You may not see the course you want on this list if the instructor does not want students to use the Request to Add feature in MyPortal.
What happens next?
- If you receive an email with an Add Code and you are NOT on the Waitlist, see instructions For Students Who are Not on Waitlist to the right of this screen.
- NOTE: You may not be able to login to an online course until up to 18 hours AFTER you have officially enrolled.
- If you do not receive an email with an Add Code, then the instructor has decided not to give you an Add Code.
See below for example of the confirmation that you should see when you submit a request for an Add Code via MyPortal:
Confirmation for Add Code Request
Register with Add Code
After you receive your add code follow these steps to register.
- Login to MyPortal account
- From the Registration Tab in MyPortal, click on Add or Drop Classes under Registration Tools section.
- Select the college and term from the drop-down menu and click Submit.
For Students Who are Not on Waitlist
- Enter the five-digit class CRN into the Add Classes Worksheet at the bottom of the screen. If you are on the course's waitlist, read the instructions below.
- Click Submit Changes button. A screen to enter the add code will pop up. Follow the instructions.
For Students Who are on Waitlist
- From the Action drop down next to waitlisted class, select Web Registered.
- Click Submit Changes button.
- A screen to enter the Add Code will pop up. Follow the instructions.
Reminder: Payment in full is due immediately at the time of registration.