Import from site copies over content from selected tools, with their dates, resources, and settings.
- Announcements and Home items are imported as 'drafts'. Edit them for your new class and publish them.
- Assignments, tests and surveys are imported unpublished. You will need to review and publish them.
- In Discussions, only your categories, forums and reusable topics will be imported. Before you import your topics, make sure you've marked the "I'll re-use" box under the Edit button of topics. You may also check the topics that you want to re-use and click on the "Re-use" button on the forum's home page menu.
To import content from one site to another, follow these steps:
- In your new site, click on Site Setup.
- Click on Import from Site on the right column of of the page.
- A window will open listing all your sites. Select a site to import its content.
- Click on Continue at the bottom.
- A window will open listing the available tools. Check "Select all" to bring copies of everything, or select the tools to import. For example, if you choose only Home, you will import just the home items from that site.
- Click on Import to start the process. Wait for the confirmation message.
The "Base Date" feature allows you to adjust *all* of the dates in your sites for next term in ONE click!
When you get your new term sites, do the following:
- In your New Site, click on Site Setup >> Import from Site. Complete the process.
While in Site Setup, click on the Edit button by 'Set Base Date'.
A window will open listing all the date ranges in each of your course site's tools that have dates. This information is provided to help you review the dates that you had established in a previous site, determine what the new base should be, and catch any inconsistencies in the date ranges, prior to setting the base date. Additionally, you will see your current base date and a field for you to set the "new" base date for the course.
Set the new base date and click on Done.
- Once you've copied your content into your next term's site, you can use the Base Date to adjust the old dates.
You can customize the order of your tabs -
- Click on Preferences at the top menu
- Click on Edit by the Sites in Tabs section.
our course site must be published before students can access it. You can determine quickly if your course site is not accessible to your students as it will say "Unpublished Site" on the left menu, right above Home. You can publish and unpublish your course site manually or automatically.
- Click on Site Setup on the left menu.
- Click on Edit to the right of Publish.
- Click on Publish site now to enable access to your site immediately.
- Click on Done. You will see a green check and the word Published. The unpublished label will be gone from above Home, and your students will be able to access your site.