Online learning is growing and expanding to more fields. Read this Palo Alto Online news article to find out how a Foothill grad earned his degree online enabling him to transfer to Berkeley to complete his Bachelor's degree.
Students can earn the following degrees and certificates by completing fully online courses.
Click on the name of a degree below to view the list of classes offered online that can count toward that degree.
*** PLEASE NOTE ***
- Strictly online oral communications courses (COMM) may not be used on IGETC Area 1C for CSU admission and transfer.
- Some online courses require occasional tests to be proctored in-person and/or student attendance on campus.
- Not all fully online courses are offered every quarter or even every year.
- Some students may have difficulty attaining an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science Degree via only online courses because of timing or availability of classes. In such circumstances, students can consult with a counselor to submit a petition for course substitution, however, course substitutions are NOT guaranteed.
Please contact division offices for details about which fully online courses can be used to meet Certificate requirements.
Certificate of Achievement
- Art History
- CPA Examination Preparation
- Graphic & Interactive Design
- Music Technology
- Pro Tools
- E-Commerce & Electronic Business
- Financial Accounting
- Online Veterinary Assisting
- Tax Accounting
- Web Design and Development
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bookkeeping Specialist
- Enrolled Agent Preparation
- Medical Anthropology
- Music History & Literature
- Payroll Preparation
- Popular Culture
- Pro Tools Operator Post
- Tax Specialist
Program Curriculum Information sheets provide the Program Title and Description as well as Career Opportunities, Units required for Major and Units required for Certificate. Additional information can include; Associate Degree Requirements, Program Type(s), Core Course titles and units, Elective Course titles and units, Certificate information titles and units, Academic Year, and Program Status.