Course Studio for Faculty
To access a course's homepage in Course Studio:
1) Login to MyPortal.
2) Click on Faculty tab.
3) Click on Go To Course Studio
4) Go to your course list.
5) Click on the pencil icon next to the name of the course.
Course Studio gives students and faculty the ability to access, create, and manage homepages for each course. Membership in Course Studio is based on actual enrollment. Course Studio homepages can display Announcements, links to other Internet resources, and photos.
You can download the Course Studio Quick Start Guide in PDF format. You can download the Course Studio Quick Start Guide in PDF format. The Course Studio Setup Guide provides brief information about how these applications work.
My Courses List of Classes
- My Courses includes a default link to Course Studio, a Google/Yahoo Group-like application, automatically set up for each class each term through the Banner registration system.
- Students will be systematically added or removed from the Course Studio class group based on enrollment and must be logged into MyPortal for access.
Features in Course Studio
- Create announcements on your class home page that also show in your students' MyPortal message center
- Post presentations and other document files for download (1 MB limit per file)
- Share images (5 MB limitation per file) and resources links to other Web sites
- Create basic Web pages (News Items) for posting assignments and other information within a secure, password-protected environment for only students enrolled in the class for that term.
Click on Help icon in upper right side of screen for more details.
A comparison of Course Studio, Etudes, Edustream, and FGA Media Server features is available at Foothill Online Instructional Tools.