The Distance Education Captioning and Transcription (DECT) grant, administered by College of the Canyons, supports professional captioning and transcription services for multimedia materials used in California community colleges. To apply for these services:
Contact Diane Sugimoto (Disability Resource Center's Accommodations Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide her with the following information:
- Instructor's first and last name
- Instructor's email address
- Title of the course that will use the video
- The quarter/year that the course will be offered
- Maximum class size for that course
- Title of the video
- Number of minutes of the video
- Links or location of where the video can be accessed
Upload your videos to 3C Media Solutions and make a request to have them captioned.
You can get grant-funded captioning services from 3CMedia Solutions with LESS paperwork! This service is only available for instructional use and videos that have been uploaded to a 3C Media account. This service is paid for through the DECT grant, and is only available as long as the funding lasts.
Note: This request is NOT available for:
- Videos that are hosted on YouTube and placed in your 3CMedia account
- Non-instructional video (e.g., entertainment)
- Any videos hosted anywhere outside 3C Media Solutions
Set up your Account
- Set up your free 3C Media account (select "Foothill College" for the Organization)
- Upload your video to your account
- Request captioning by filling out the form located under "Details & Options" area of your video
The captions will be automatically added to your video which normally takes 3-5 business days. The video with captions will then be playable on the 3C Media Solutions website.
Read the 3C Media Solution FAQs to learn more.