Disability Resource Center - News & Events
CLOCKWORK is here! For Students & Instructors
A New DRC Accommodations ApplicationApril 01, 2015 - December 31, 2015
Phone us at: 650.949.7549eMail us at: email@example.com
Clockwork Student & Instructor Portlet
Clockwork provides online access for students to schedule accommodated quizzes/exams, schedule appointments with Disability Services staff members and view disability accommodation letters online. Clockwork allows instructors to verify quiz/exam information, accommodations and upload testing materials.
To access Clockwork:
- Log into https://myportal.fhda.edu
- Click under "Student" or "Faculty” tab
- Scroll to bottom for "Clockwork Student or Instructor Portlet”
- Click on "Clockwork Foothill Disability Svcs " under Student Login or Instructor Login
For more information, or to schedule a department/division demo, please contact Teresa Ong at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.949.7549.
The Transition to Work Program (TTW) Now Accepting Applications for 2015-2016
March 23, 2015 - July 17, 2015
Phone us at: (650) 949-7017eMail us at: email@example.comClick here for more information.
What is Transition to Work Program?
The Transition to Work Program (TTW) is a 12-month vocational program designed for people with disabilities who can function independently on a college campus but may not have the ability to succeed in a traditional college classroom. All TTW classes are taught by Foothill College faculty.
1. Visit the TTW Program.
Please contact Julie Brown at (650) 949-7103 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour and information session. Tours and information sessions are typically held on Mondays and Wednesdays in January, February and March, from 2:00-3:00 pm.
- April 13, 2015
- April 15, 2015
- April 20, 2015
- April 22, 2015
2. Screening: Interview and Assessment
Once you have visited the program, the student and family may schedule a screening for your student(s). The screening consists of 3 components:
- Student assessment: multiple choice vocabulary test, short question and answer (30 minutes)
- Student interview: student meets with TTW faculty (15 minutes)
- Parent/caretaker interview: parent/caretaker meet with the Dean of Disability Resource Center (15 minutes)
Screening appointments will take place on the following dates:
You may sign up for a screening appointment at this website: http://goo.gl/Y1G2Pw
Admission citeria at http://www.foothill.edu/drc/ttwcriteria.php
“Fridays SRC Wellness Group Session”
Sponsored by the DRCFebruary 20, 2015 - May 20, 2016Starts Fridays from 12noon-1pmBuilding 5400, Room 5425
We would like to invite everyone including students to our newly “Fridays Wellness Group Session in SRC” led by virtual or real volunteers. Here are the details:
- Who is invited? Everyone
- What do I bring? yoga mat, friend, etc
- What do I wear? Anything comfortable
- What time? 12-1pm, or any part of this time even if it is for 10 minutes
- What will we be doing or what should I expect? Yoga, meditation, quiet time, the room will be available for various activities etc.
- Is there a fee? No, just your time.
- How do I get started? Just show up on Fridays in Room 5425 anytime between 12noon-1pm and join us