What is the Off-Campus Lifelong Fitness Program?
The Foothill College Disability Resource Center is collaborating with
Community Education (CE) to offer students with diverse abilities the
opportunity to participate in Lifelong Fitness courses, developed to
fit their specific needs and goals. Lifelong Fitness courses are designed
primarily for older adults age 50 & above. The program's mission is
to inspire individuals of all ages to sustain a high quality of life by
promoting creative and active lifestyles through meaningful physical
activity, recreation and fitness experiences across the lifespan.
The program is entirely self-supporting and receives no additional
funding from the college. Course fees will be directly used to
support the program.
Medical clearance is recommended before participating in any exercise
What Classes Are Taught?
The Lifelong Fitness Program classes are offered through three categories:
General Conditioning, Strength, Movement & Balance, and Water Exercise.
Classes include but are not limited to:
- General Conditioning
Discovering Your Inner Fitness
Total Body Workout for Older Adults
- Strength, Movement & Balance
Strength and Balance Training for Older Adults
Low Impact Aerobics
Resistive Exercise for Baby Boomers and Beyond
Weight Training and Spine Stabilization
A Lifetime of Strength, Endurance, and Flexibility
- Water Exercise
Aquacize Your Body
The Power of Aquacize
Schedule of Classes or Course Descriptions
Refer to the Community
Education Schedule of Classes. Courses will appear under IMPACT Short
How do I register?
Students may register by.
- On-site: Completing the easy-to-use registration
form and returning it to the instructor prior to the start of class
- Phone: Contact (408) 864-8817. Office hours are Monday-Thursday,
9:00am-4:30pm, and Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm. Please have your class and
payment information ready.
- Mail: Simply, fill out the registration form (link this to the
attached registration form), attach payment by check or credit card,
and send the form back to: De Anza College - Short Courses, 21250
Stevens Creek Blvd., Cupertino, CA 95014
- Online: Browse the Community
Education Schedule of Classes and follow the steps to register.
New students will be asked to create a student profile. Courses
will be listed under the Lifelong Fitness
Lifelong Fitness courses are offered at many convenient off-campus community locations.
- Avenidas Senior Center (AVEN) - 450 Bryant Street, Palo Alto, CA 94301
- Middlefield Campus/Cubberly (MC) - 4000 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303
- Mountain View Senior Center (MVSC) - 266 Escuela, Mountain View, CA 94040
- The Forum At Rancho San Antonio (FORUM) - 23500 Christo Rey Drive, Cupertino, CA 95014
* Looking for classes at the YMCA of Palo Alto and Sunnyvale Senior Center? Check the Adapted Physical Education Schedule of Classes