Foothill College Scholarship Information
APPLY NOW FOR FOOTHILL SCHOLARSHIPS
General scholarship deadline for the 2015-16 school year is 02/11/16!
The Foothill-De Anza District has finally transitioned to a new scholarship system called AcademicWorks that will make applying for scholarships much easier and more efficient.
Steps for Scholarship Application Process
- Log in to MyPortal
- Click on your Students tab
- Click on the AcademicWorks log
- If needed, use your student identification number and MyPortal password to log in to the AcademicWorks system.
- Under the Applications tab in AcademicWorks, select “General Applications”
- Click on the “General Application” link in that section to complete your general scholarship application
- Click on Opportunities
Apply for scholarships for which you qualify by the listed deadline.
- Scroll to "Recommended" to view a customized list of scholarships. (*Note: It will take 24 hours from the time you finish and submit your general scholarship application for this list to be customized for you.)
- Scroll to ‘Ours’ to view all of the currently posted scholarships for the Foothill-De Anza District.
- Scroll to ‘External’ to view outside scholarship opportunities.
- Applying for scholarships is a competitive process. Please be aware that not every student who applies for scholarships will win.
- If you don't meet the minimum criteria for a scholarship that you apply for, your application will not be considered for that scholarship.
- If you fail to attach a legible copy of any of the required documents for a scholarship, such as your Foothill College transcript, resume, etc., your application for that scholarship will be incomplete and it will not be considered.
- All required documents must be submitted online. The Financial Aid Office does not accept any documents, such as letters of recommendation, on a student’s behalf.
- You can go to the Foothill College Media Center (Portable Buildings, Parking Lot 5, Rooms 5941 & 5942) to scan your academic transcripts for FREE.
- Once you’ve applied for Foothill scholarships, you can monitor the status of those applications in AcademicWorks by going to the Applications tab and clicking on “Active”.
- There is no limit to how many scholarships you can apply for. However, please be sure to review and verify you meet the minimum qualifications for a scholarship prior to applying.
- Most scholarships disburse during Spring or Fall quarters of each academic year. Please note that in order for the Foothill College system to disburse your scholarship funds, you must be enrolled in at least six units for the term, unless otherwise stated in the scholarship posting.
Checklist for Scholarship Application Process
Tips for Writing Your "My Story" Essay
Outside Scholarship Donors
View Outside Scholarship Offerings
Periodically, the Foothill College Financial Aid Office is asked by an Outside Agency to
advertise a scholarship they offer to undergraduate students. Please be sure to
review all information posted for an outside scholarship for which you are applying since scholarship
requirements and application processes will vary from one scholarship to another.
Should you have any questions pertaining to the application process, please contact
the agency listed on the scholarship posting.
Additional Scholarship Information
Scholarship Search Engines: Information and services on all four of the links below are FREE.
http://www.fastweb.com/ is a highly recommended online resource that provides a free matching service for scholarships. Once you complete a profile, you’ll have access to a database of more than 1.5 million scholarships.
https://www.scholarships.com/ is a widely used online resource for students of all ages to search for college scholarships and other financial aid information.
http://www.college-scholarships.com/ is an all purpose college and scholarship information site which includes links to nine free internet scholarship search data bases, links to college websites and online applications, college admissions office email addresses and (mostly toll free) phone numbers, ACT and SAT prep information, and much, much more. The site has been the recipient of more than 25 internet awards and receives more than 150,000 visits each month.
http://e4fc.org/resources/scholarshiplists.html E4FC has developed resources to help undocumented students across the United States find scholarships to pay for college.
Scholarships and Grants Free US College Scholarships, Grants, Competitions and Awards Resources.
Another good source for scholarship information can be found at SuperCollege.com.
More Scholarship Links (pdf file)
Scholarship Review Committee
Please check back.
Updated instructions coming soon.
If you are interested in volunteering as a Scholarship Review Committee member, please email
Scholarship Giving at Foothill College
for information on how to establish a new scholarship at Foothill College.
Thanks to our Scholarship Donors!
top of page